Czy chcesz zareagować na tę wiadomość? Zarejestruj się na forum za pomocą kilku kliknięć lub zaloguj się, aby kontynuować.

IndeksPortalLatest imagesRejestracjaZaloguj

Nars'ya Sept

Go down 
3 posters
AutorWiadomość
Lakshman
Techpriest
Lakshman

Liczba postów : 48
Humor : Specyficzny

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitimeWto Lis 08, 2011 1:01 am

Skoro zdeklarowałem dołączenie do oddziałów archiwizacyjnych, pora chyba znów przysiąść nad fluffem mojej armii. Zacząłem go spisywać około 2 miesięcy temu, od tego czasu kilka razy go może rozwinąłem i poprawiłem. Docelowo ma to mieć formę mini-kodeksu, opisującego planetę z której pochodzi moja armia (historia, klimat, opis akademii Kasty Ognia), doktrynę wojenną i kilkoro bohaterów imiennych. W momencie gdy zaczynałem zdecydowałem się to pisać po angielsku, i będę się już tego trzymał. Wszelkie komentarze/sugestie mile widziane.

Nars'ya sept

Introduction

One of the youngest worlds to have been claimed for the Greater Good, the Nars'ya is already developing to become an important sept in the third sphere of the Tau Empire. Though arid and inhospitable, it is home to brilliant engineers and tough warriors.

Nars'ya is the third phase expansion world of the Tau Empire. Situated on a close orbit of its mother star, it has an extremely hot, tough climate which makes it virtually a desert, built of vast spaces of sand and sandstone. It was conquered by the Fire Warriors of the Vior'la sept, and, sharing the similar climate, there is no surprise it maintains close bonds with this sept, following into its footsteps as a third phase military centre hosting an elite Fire Caste Academy.

The inhabitants of Nars'ya sept are stubborn and creative. They do their best to endure the unfavourable conditions. Local Earth Caste engineers pride themselves on inventing new metal alloys adjusted to resist the extreme heat and corrosive winds, which find use in military armours and platings as well as in civilian constructions. To provide raw materials for those alloys, they had to drill deep underground, as the the surface of the planet is barren and not rich in natural resources.

Nars'ya is currently the headquarters for Ethereal Wiseguide (Aun'Bentu'B), who is coordinating the Tau of all castes in an effort to develop a thriving sept despite the hostile climate.

History

Since Nars'ya was first captured by the Tau, it quickly rose in prosperity as an important strategic point for the Third Phase expansion fleet. It was turned from the barren wasteland into a centre of weapons industry and military training.

When the Tau began the Third Phase of Expansion, Nars'ya hosted a small Imperial Guard garrison. It was one of the first worlds to be conquered, in a swift, sudden strike that caught the enemy unprepared. Invading forces quickly established an outpost (commanded by the young Shas’El’Cal’Nars, aka Commander Hardstone), which served as a foothold of operations in the sector.

In time, Nars'ya was chosen as the site for battlesuit factory providing Crisis and Broadside battlesuits for the operating army. It was then that the first large group of Earth Caste colonists appeared on the planet.

Not long after that the Fire Caste Academy was launched, and Hardstone (promoted to the rank of Shas’O by then), the supreme commander of Nars'ya, insisted that it should put additional focus on developing improved close-combat skills. Young Shas'uis R'Ka (Longhit) and Kunas'Nan (Valiantsword) were among the first graduates. They quickly earned themselves a fame of fearsome soldiers and underwent a quick promotion.

The unusual – and controversial – way of teaching of Nars'ya academy did not escape the attention of the Ethereal caste. Although it did recognise the profits of that approach, it was decided that a close watch should be maintained over Nars'ya, to prevent the brutality of hand-to-hand combat from corrupting the Fire Caste into savage ways of the time of Mont'au (Time of Terror) – as it might have corrupted infamous Commander Farsight. Wiseguide, an Ethereal Caste Emissary, was installed as the supervisor of Nars'ya development.

Art of War

Fire warriors of the Nars'ya sept are unusually tough and persistent. Although, as all Tau, they treat close combat as undignified and are unlikely to start an assault on enemy, they undergo an extended hand-to-hand combat course during their training. They rely strongly on Tau technology, and rarely employ alien auxiliaries in their tactics.

The highest military commander of the Nars'ya is Commander Hardstone (Shas'O Cal'Nars). However, as the local academy trains more and more skilled Fire Warriors, two young and promising commanders begin to gain their fame: Commander Longhit (Shas'el R'Ka), disciple of Kauyon way, adept at holding enemy at distance, and Commander Valiantsword (Shas'el Kunas'nan), following the Mont'ka, who prefers to take the battle to the enemy and harass him with quick hit-and-run attacks at close distance.

The extended hand-to-hand combat training of Nars'ya Fire Caste Warriors has proven useful in repelling many assaults by Imperial Guard troops and Dark Eldar warriors. The underlying idea behind it is to make the soldiers able to defend themselves and hold off the enemy as long as possible when close combat is unavoidable. It is of little use against close-combat oriented enemies such as Space Marine Terminators, Ork hordes or swarms of Tyranids – but when facing less skilled opponents it is enough to buy the time for the rest of the army to regroup and prepare themselves.

The Nars'ya military doctrine focuses on use of Tau technology – especially Broadside and Crisis battlesuits. While the former eliminate heavy armoured vehicles, the latter take care of any light armour and infantry.

Nars'ya Cadre seldom uses alien auxiliaries. Natural environment is inhospitable for Kroot and Vespid, and local commanders tend to value their own trainees over anyone else due to their stubborn spirit and refrain from asking for reinforcements unless they consider them indispensable in the battle plan.

The natural stubborness of the Nars'ya inhabitants is often criticised by the commanders from other septs, as it often leads to taking unnecessary risks. It is not unheard of that the group of Nars'ya Fire Warriors should make the last stand against stronger enemy in order to improve the odds for their comrades. Such approach is unpopular in general Tau doctrine that values the life of each individual warrior very much.

Nars'ya cadre has already fought against a range of different adversaries including the Space Marines, Imperial Guard, the Dark Eldar, Orks and Tyranids. Although the luck was not always on the Tau side, those campaigns have provided priceless experience in facing the diverse foes – experience that is already included in the curriculum of Nars'ya Fire Caste Academy.

Some of those skirmishes provided another valuable lesson - the lesson of forming temporary alliances to hold off the overwhelming enemies that know no diplomacy. Nars’ya Fire Warriors have in the past formed a well known coalition with the Imperial Guard forces from the sector in order to fight the Ork threat and the Chaos incursion. On another occasion a scout team sent by commander Longhit to one of the nearby worlds awakened the ancient Necron threat. Longhit was forced to send a major taskforce to deal with those new enemies, and the final battle might have ended in a dreadful defeat, weren’t it for an unexpected help from the Eldar warriors, who came upon the battlefield in the decisive moment. The rumour has it that Longhit has formed a secret alliance with the Eldar - secret even to the Wiseguide, who might not approve of sudden, unsanctioned dealings with the mysterious third party.

Industry

The Earth Caste engineers sent to establish battlesuit factories have achieved what initially seemed impossible - they have established the prosperous research and production centre, providing the Third Sphere worlds with constant supply of battlesuits made of durable new alloys invented there.

The first Earth caste colonists sent to Nars’ya faced the difficult task. They had to figure out a way to launch production quickly despite the unfavourable conditions and reliance on the external supply of resources. In the first few months after the first battlesuit factory was built, the production was halted more often than not due the hardware malfunctions and resource shortages.

The situation improved after a group of young scientists launch a research laboratory, where they soon designed new durable metal alloys, resistant to high temperatures, sandstorms and corrosion. The alloys were first used to upgrade the production lines, and then they were implemented in the suit design.

However, it was not until a year later that the production achieved the mass scale. It became possible after heavy drills imported from the core worlds of the Tau Empire enabled the Nars’ya engineers to begin mining resources hidden deep beneath the surface on the planet, making the industry less dependent on external provisions. Right now local factories work incessantly, though they are still reliant on the regular supplies of imported goods.

The Academy

The Fire Caste Academy of Nars’ya is an important centre of scholarship and military training for the third sphere task forces. It helps to provide new generation of Fire Warriors facing a difficult task - to defend the newly acquired worlds and maintain order throughout the entire third sphere.

The Academy was established shortly after Nars’ya became part of the the Tau Empire, and initially served the purpose of training new soldiers for the expansion force. The first set of teachers was made entirely of graduates of the Vior’la Academy. From the very beginning, on the specific order from Hardstone, it put stress on preparing the cadets for close combat threat. This extraordinary approach was - and still is - viewed as controversial by the inhabitants of the core worlds of the empire.

Apart from that curious practice, the Academy maintained traditional curriculum - lots of shooting exercises, theoretical tactical classes, initial battlesuit pilot training and the Greater Good Theory classes.

The profile has changed significantly since the conclusion of the third phase expansion. The cadets were now to face the new task - maintaining peace and order. Lots of new subjects were introduced, for example language courses, aimed at helping to establish communication with new citizens of the empire.

The Academy celebrates its own remarkable tradition - as part of their final tests, each new unit of Fire Warriors is to hunt the Nars’ya sandbird - an enormous flying creature, known from its unusual resilience and highly poisonous venom it uses in self-defence. It represents the final challenge, as the warriors are only armed with their knives and primitive old versions of pulse carbines. Many cadets did not make it - they were either killed by the venom, or forced to flee in disgrace and face another year of heavy training.

Notable characters

Shas’O’Cal’Nars (Commander Hardstone)

The leader of the initial expedition force which conquered the Nars’ya, Hardstone became the first military leader of Nars’ya. He was the brain behind the development of the new sept - it was from his initiative that the Academy was created, and though he is not formally its head, he has much to say about its curriculum. Were it not for his strong resolve, Nars’ya would have never become the industrial centre it is now, providing battlesuits for the entire sector.

Many of the soldiers under his command view him as the true successor of the legendary commander Puretide (the teacher of both Farsight and Shadowsun), as his tactics always employed a perfect balance between the teachings of Mont’ka and Kau’yon. A brave soldier with a great service history, he is now preoccupied with ensuring the safety of Nars’ya, as he views his sept as the key to stability of the entire sector. In the meantime, whenever his soldiers are needed elsewhere, he appoints his two followers, graduates of Nars’ya Academy - Longhit and Valiantsword.

Cost - 165 pts
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
4 5 5 4 4 3 4 10 3+

Unit type: Jump Infantry (jest pack)

Equipment: XV8 Crisis battlesuit, plasma rifle, missile pod, positional relay, HW multi-tracker, HW target lock, HW drone controller, 2 shield drones, HW Blacksun filter

Special rules:

Independent Character, XV8 Battlesuit, Bodyguard

Ostatnio zmieniony przez Lakshman dnia Sob Mar 31, 2012 8:52 pm, w całości zmieniany 1 raz
Powrót do góry Go down
FiLooT
Sierżant Hobby Squad
FiLooT

Liczba postów : 149
Humor : ME

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Re: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitimePon Gru 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Generalnie ciekawa historia septy. Brakuje mi jedynie pogłębionego opisu dotychczasowych walk i zdobycia samej planety. Mała nielogiczność - piszesz, że FW tej septy szkoleni do walki wręcz mają przetrzymać ze słabszym wrogiem i pośród takich wymieniasz DE, którzy w CC są mocni. Tego, czego mi brakowało najbardziej to patosu i epiki. Zastanów się jakie nieuchronne niebezpieczeństwo może wisieć nad tą spetą, żeby nadać jej głębi. Również możesz poszerzyć opis niekoszernych praktyk i dodać przez to napięcia.
Powrót do góry Go down
Lakshman
Techpriest
Lakshman

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Re: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitimeSob Mar 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Trochę poszerzyłem tekst - dodałem sekcję o akademii i pierwszego bohatera imiennego, plus parę zdań w środku, m.in. historię tymczasowych sojuszy. W dalszej perspektywie planuję skorzystać z Twoich rad Mateuszu - już tu pojawiają się przebłyski, nawiązanie do potencjalnego zagrożenia ze strony Necronów, na pewno zamierzam też poszerzyć historię wszelkich toczonych walk.

Ciekaw jestem co sądzicie o mojej konwencji przedstawiania bohaterów imiennych - ponieważ i tak nie za często miałbym okazję grać stworzonym od podstaw specjalem z nowymi zasadami, przyjąłem konwencję opisania bohaterów specjalnych jako zwykłych jednostek - w tym przypadku Shas'o - z tym, że z ustalonym ekwipunkiem.

Najbliższe plany: szerszy opis historii starć, poszerzenie patosu, kolejni bohaterowie imienni (wymienieni w samym tekście), może opis jakichś zwyczajów i tradycji powiązanych ściśle z septą.
Powrót do góry Go down
FiLooT
Sierżant Hobby Squad
FiLooT

Liczba postów : 149
Humor : ME

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Re: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitimePon Kwi 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Historia twojej septy zaczyna nabierać rumieńców. Z uwag mam tyle - skąd się biorą w armii tej septy pojazdy, z eksportu? Piszesz o tym ile gruntołazów jest produkowane, ale nic o pojazdach, które są wszak bardzo istotne dla p;rowadzenia wojny przez Tau.

Dalej, nie wiem jaki masz w głowie model społeczeństwa Tau, ale ja odbieram fluff w obu dexasch (2011 i 2006) jako bardzo totalitarny. Zakaz mieszania krwi pomiędzy kastami i wspólne wychowywanie młodych w każdej kaście z osobna, jak w Państwie Platona. Jedynym co łączy poszczególne części w całość jest działalność eteryków/ kasty filozofów. Stąd, pisanie o tym jak członek kasty ognia coś tam zakłada, postuluje, czy wykonuje funkcje przywódcy politycznego, jest dla mnie mało spójne z całością fluffu (poza tym wiek kolesia - może już być stary i zgrzybiały, więc tym bardziej jego aktywność może być niewielka). Ostatecznie moim zdaniem o wszystkim decydują eterycy, którzy co najwyżej mogą pozwolić komuś mieć przekonanie, że jest inaczej. Brakuje mi również opisu działania pozostałych kast, co robią wodnicy i wietrzniacy? A może dlaczego nie ma ich w tej kaście zbyt wielu.

Wreszcie, w związku ze wspomnianymi wcześniej zastrzeżeniami - sojusz z Eldarami, o którym są plotki, że zawarto go bez wiedzy eteryka jest bardzo mało sensowny! Albo eteryk nań przystał, albo się o nim dowiedział z plotek i go zaaprobował, albo dowódca, który go zawarł jest spalony - to bym przeformułował. Zagrożenie necrońskie, z tego co piszesz zostało wyeliminowane, co w takim razie z cieniem rzucanym na przyszłość sekty przez mroczne i ponure zagrożenie (w końcu przyszłość jest grim i dark nawet dla Tau Wink )

Ogólnie natomiast, tak jak pisałem za pierwszym razem, bardzo mi się podoba to co, i z jaką starannością o język, piszesz. Takoż więc, cały powyższy krytycyzm przyjmuj konstruktywnie, a nie jako czepiactwo!

Czekam na dalszy ciąg!! (i myślę, że nie tylko ja)
Powrót do góry Go down
Lakshman
Techpriest
Lakshman

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Re: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitimePon Kwi 02, 2012 8:09 pm

F.! Dzięki piękne, że chce Ci się komentować, to bezcenne.

Co do pojazdów, to zakładam jakiś system zaopatrzenia całej trzeciej sfery - ona ma docelowo tworzyć kolejną sferę imperium, więc zapewne tworzy infrastrukturę, i co już produkuje, to rozprowadza między septami, a czego jeszcze nie ma, sprowadza z macierzy. W ten sposób Nars'ya produkuje suity, z planet obok sprowadza, dajmy na to, fishe, a osprzęt czyniący z nich Hammera dociera w rzadszych konwojach z serca imperium. Ale postaram się nad tym pochylić.

Starego deksu niestety nie czytałem (chętnie pożyczę). I też mam w głowie model raczej totalitarny - niemniej mam też wizję, w której Niebianie są ograniczeni liczebnie, i im dalej o serca imperium, tym mniej ścisła ich kontrola, a tym większe wpływy kasty ognia, która przybywała na światy jako pierwsza, i ponieważ to wciąż była linia frontu, miała niewątpliwie wielkie wpływy i tworzyła zręby administracji. Spoiwem w takim naznaczonym wojną świecie z dala od macierzy jest nie samo działanie Niebian, lecz raczej walka o przetrwanie i zbudowanie czegoś wbrew przeciwnościom. Zgadzam się z uwagą o wieku Hardstone'a - też dręczy mnie, że przy najszybszej nawet karierze średnia długość życia Tau oznacza, że napinam jego biografię do granic możliwości. Wietrzni robią swoje - na planecie ich raczej nie ma, obsługują flotę. A wodnych traktuję jako tych, którzy sprowadzają się do septy jako ostatni, gdy sytuacja jest ustabilizowana i można spokojnie tworzyć administrację. Nie mówię, ze to wybitnie zgadza się z fluffem - to moja prywatna wizja rubieży imperium prowadzącego podbój.

W tym też kontekście sojusz z Eldarami jest czymś, co zostało zawarte przez dowódcę wojskowego drugiego szczebla, na odległej planecie, i o czym wiedzą - i plotkują - Fire Warriorzy, ale co niekoniecznie musi szybko sięgnąć uszu wciąż nie tak dawno przybyłego Niebianina, którego przysłano właśnie dla zapobieżenia "odstępstwom ideologicznym", które nierzadko wyrastają na linii frontu. Muszę jeszcze popracować nad zrobieniem jasnej chronologii wydarzeń, by nie było wątpliwości w jakiej kolejności następowały wydarzenia.

A co do zagrożenia nekrońskiego, znów to kwestia mojej prywatnej wizji, ale widzę Nekronów jako rasę, którą przebudziwszy na jednej planecie, można szybko znaleźć na kolejnych. Kwestię zagrożenia z pewnością jednak poszerzę - wymaga to głębszego namysłu.
Powrót do góry Go down
Drakkainen
Gwardzista Hobby Squad
Drakkainen

Liczba postów : 13
Humor : czarny

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Re: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitimeWto Kwi 03, 2012 5:28 am

Nie zapominaj też(skoro uwzględniasz sojusz z Eldarami) o ciągłym zagrożeniu ze strony Chaosu, oraz o nowej sile, która zapędziła się w ten rejon galaktyki i choć na razie dość mizerna stanowi już niejaki zagrożenia, jeśli pozostawić ją samą sobie - Kosmiczne Wilki.

I jeszcze malucia literówka:

"To provide raw materials for those alloys, they had to drill deep underground, as the the surface of the planet is barren and not rich in natural resources. "

Żeby nie podbijać coś takiego znalazłem, i od razu pomyślałem o Twoim fluffie:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Powrót do góry Go down
Sponsored content

Nars'ya Sept Empty
PisanieTemat: Re: Nars'ya Sept   Nars'ya Sept I_icon_minitime

Powrót do góry Go down

Nars'ya Sept
Powrót do góry 
Strona 1 z 1

Pozwolenia na tym forum:Nie możesz odpowiadać w tematach
 :: Lajt Brigade - Nasza działalność :: Część Klimatyczna-